05 February 2012

The Woods Behind My House

Pics from my daily running route. I almost never bring my phone or a camera, but Saturday I did—to your detriment.

The path used to look like this mostly:


Then they "improved" it, and now it looks like this:


DAM! DYNOMITE!


And she's buying a ...







Who's a good boy? Jakey is. Yes, he is. The best dog ever. This all used to be hidden under cover of woodlands:


Now anybody can find it:


What it is is the old Decatur waterworks:



Goddess?


Goddess?


Does whatever a spider can:


Eek! a bug:



Reminiscent of the classic London style:


The Alamo?





Pez, anyone?


Woof sacrament!



Pylon? Reservoir?


Stencil:


Casa H from the back:


5 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Nifty!

Always take your camera.
~

Randal Graves said...

GRAFFITI KILLS

Frances Madeson said...

Your casa is sooooooooooo beautiful. Are those sleeping porches?

Jim H. said...

@if: I was walking Saturday. If I'm running I don't want to stop. Something about aerobic... blah blah blah

@RG: Don't it, though!

@FM: That's my neighbor's porch w/ the glass. He built it in. I merely have a deck. My house is more in the shadows to the left of the house with glassy porch. Thanks!

Prunella Vulgaris said...

There's a place up in Clevelandia called the "Fun Wall" that this reminds me of, kind of this abandoned factory complex where kids come down to paint and skateboard (though I like that this is more woodsy).

I wish this was in my backyard. I'm a huge sucker for graffiti.